It's You!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

When deaths are the main subject




When the call was answered, she managed to say "I'm at 1 Garrison Avenue in Newport. I can't get in. I can see someone lying on the floor. I think it's Nuala." I'm babbling, she told herself. Stop it. but as the calm, unhurried questions came from the dispatcher, with absolute certainty Maggie's mind was shouting three words: Nuala is dead.

Maggie Holloway : a photographer came to Newport to meet her stepmother after 22 years old
Nuala : a 75 years old widower who got something in her mind but too late to tell her stepdaughter
The Case : Maggie was curious about Nuala's murder that she is doing her own investigating.

She thought about Neil as she continued getting ready. Over these past months she had found herself more and more looking forward to his calls and too disappointed when they didn't come.

Neil : A managing director of an investment corporation. Felt something about Maggie but afraid of commitments but trying his best to win Maggie.

"Neil, help me, help me," she whispered. "I need you. I love you. I don't want to die."

Will Neil and the police finds Maggie before it's too late? Who were the real culprits? You'll get the answers in
Moonlight Becomes You
by
Mary Higgins Clark
published on 1996 of Simon & Schuster

4 comments:

Thanks for the responds! (◡‿◡✿)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...