It's You!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Why I Hate Reading Maps

Salam,

A poem to share with you


Why I Hate Reading Maps



I have unrolled a map
onto my kitchen table
and put one finger
where you are and
another where I am.

The space between
is only inches. That close,
I could feel you breathing.
I could reach out and
run my fingers through
every strand of your hair,
touch your lips and
barely need to move.

In the corner of the map
there is a guide for judging scale:
every inch a hundred miles
full of roads and rivers and trees,
the guide a sharp reminder
that you are where you are
and I am where I am,
inches apart.

This poem © Gabriel Gadfly. Published Apr 23, 2011

This is an auto publish entry..by now, we are already on the road to Putrajaya ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the responds! (◡‿◡✿)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...